“A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading.”
This is the website of a proofreader, writer, editor, and publishing professional. It started in 2015 to provide general writing help, publishing advice/information, information on interesting books, author interviews, etc.
I’m Ella/El/E (Eleonor), a grad student studying publishing with George Washington University who works in publishing and freelances. To learn more about me check out my About Me page.
Contact me if you need your manuscript edited or proofread. I prefer true crime, horror, thriller or memoir but am open to a diversity of different genres, including nonfiction.
Please feel free to tour around and contact me if you have any questions, concerns, or are looking for editing work.
Coming soon/manuscripts in editing:
Beneath Them. Natalie Roers (2017 publication)
Bo Henry at Three Forks. Dan Bradford (2017 publication)
Published books I’ve worked on:
Other authors I’m proud to have edited for: Karsten Neustifter, Mark Miyashiro, and more.
I’m a publishing professional, editor, and grad student by day and independent book reviewer and freelancer by night.
What do I do in real life or when I’m not reviewing books?
- I serve the writing community as a publishing professional. I work as a book editor and assistant editor for a magazine. I’m also a mentor with a few non-profits. So if you’re local, you may eventually see me around.
- I proofread write, edit, and assist. I typically work with essays, book manuscripts, and business documents. I’ve also been known to ghost write web content. I’ll be honest though, ghost writing isn’t my favorite thing.
- I design. I have my designs up on internet shops and even had a few put on hundreds of game mats. Cool, right? I also get to design marketing and advertising pieces because I’m a publicity and marketing director for a publishing house. I’ve designed logos and brochures for organizations, too. My love is really in typography and book covers-–go figure. I also enjoy photography!
- I’m constantly learning, trying to be the best version of myself, and creating. I love art and working with creative people so I try to fill my days with both. I recently graduated with a bachelors in English and a minor in business. I’m currently a graduate student at George Washington University where I study publishing.
- I work and freelance on the side.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with me!
Contact me if you need your manuscript edited or proofread, or are looking for a review or interview! I prefer true crime, horror, thriller or memoir but I’m open to a diversity of different genres, including nonfiction.